Scripture Notes from podcast. This is not a word for word transcript. It may include additional information, or include less. Link for podcast at the end of this post.
When the End Arrives
Scripture- Matthew 10
Matthew 10 Link
- Jesus preparing the disciples for when he is no longer with them.
- He sends out the twelve.
- He instructs them.
- The disciples listened to the instructions of Jesus.
- The ending- Jesus preparing to go to the cross.
- The ending- Jesus on the cross.
- The New- Jesus is gone and the disciples must carry on until his return.
- Ending of their previous employment.
- Ending of the familiar to move into the unfamiliar.
- Ending of traveling with Jesus.
- Ending of spending time with Jesus and learning from him.
- Experiencing the ending at the cross, to prepare for the future.
- The ending of sacrifice in a physical sense, Jesus became the sacrifice.
- Ending of our employment- not our choice, or our choice.
- Ending of spending time with people; employees, our city, state, country, church, school, university, family, friends.
- Ending of relationships
- Ending- divorce.
- Ending- loss of a loved ones.
- Fear, excitement, elation, intimidation, uncertainty, joy, grief.
What will assist us to continue forward in life when we experience an ending?
- Pray, read the word, asking others to join you in prayer.
- Talk to someone we can trust and share our struggles about the approaching ending or if we are in an ending.
- Realize- many times endings in life are uncomfortable whether they are good or bad. Change is difficult for many people. The familiar wraps us in a blanket of security. The unfamiliar removes the blanket.
- There will be times waiting for the ending is long. Do not give up!